OSU Engagement Council
The OSU Engagement Council is a charge of the Vice Provost, Extension and Engagement, with the support of both the university’s President and Provost.
Purpose and goals
The responsibility of the Council is to collectively align community engagement (CE) and engaged scholarship (ES) priorities with SP 4.0 (and future strategic plan iterations) and act on related issues, as appropriate. This includes:
- Socializing the definition of CE and ES across the institution.
- Identifying and addressing systemic barriers to doing CE work and recognizing ES.
- Offering appropriate policy and procedural recommendations to upper administration.
- Raising awareness of opportunities for engagement with colleagues and community partners.
- Highlighting and celebrating stellar engagement work happening by OSU personnel and community partners.
Building on a shared desire to achieve and engage in excellence, the OSU Engagement Council will provide integrated, institution-wide guidance on issues relative to the teaching, research, and outreach missions of OSU. Functions of the Council will be led and facilitated by the Associate Vice Provost for Engagement.
In Year 1 (January – December 2023), the Council will meet monthly on the second Tuesday, 1 – 3 p.m., or as called by the Vice Provost. Meeting frequency and duration in subsequent years, along with Council membership, will be assessed and modified as appropriate.
Membership of the Council consists of one representative from each OSU college, OSU Cascades, and relevant non-academic units across campus. Members will contribute to the Council from the perspective of their college/unit and take back information for further discussion and consideration among their colleagues. This diversity of quality faculty and staff on the Council will encourage members to offer fresh perspectives, navigate complex issues, and work collaboratively to get things done.
- Sam Angima, College of Ag Science
- John Becker-Blease, College of Business
- Kathy Becker-Blease, College of Liberal Arts
- Glencora Borradaile, College of Engineering
- Emily Bowling, Student Success and Engagement
- Marina Denny, Chair, Extension & Engagement
- Jamie Doyle, Sea Grant
- Kris Elliott, Division of Extension & Engagement
- Michael Harte, College of Earth, Ocean & Atmospheric Sciences
- Julie Judkins, Libraries and Press
- Michelle Klampe, University Relations & Marketing
- Scott Leavengood, College of Forestry & Natural Resources
- Elizabeth Marino, OSU Cascades
- Phil McFadden, College of Science
- Mike Moran, OSU Foundation
- Allison Myers, College of Health*
- Kristen Nielsen, College of Education
- Juancho Ramirez, College of Pharmacy
- Julie Risien, Office of Research
- Susan Rowe, PreCollege Programs and SMILE
- Stacy Semevolos, College of Vet Medicine
- Elizabeth Simmons, Career Development Center
- Kevin Stoller, Honors College
- Rob Stone, OSU IMPACT Studio
- Temmecha Turner, Office of Institutional Diversity (OID)
- John Valva, Alumni Association
- Andrew Wheeler, University Information & Technology