By the very nature of the land grant mission, we must respond to the realities of our communities and adapt as new challenges and issues arise.
Extension and engagement are core to this work, to our commitment as a community-engaged institution and to pursuit of Oregon State University's strategic goals. Our Division is helping create real solutions and positive impact across Oregon and beyond.
- We engage communities in learning, identifying local needs and opportunities and problem solving.
- We believe in co-creation of innovation, knowledge, and expertise.
- We help connect OSU’s educational programs and resources to all people—wherever and whenever they wish to learn.
This collaborative work serves to improve the health and well-being of Oregonians and communities, encourage economic development and industry innovation, co-create and share the science and knowledge of Oregon State University and deliver access to education for learner success across the lifespan.
The division has three core units:
- OSU Extension Service
- Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
- Center for the Outdoor Recreation Economy (CORE)
We also lead and contribute to several strategic initiatives.