Effective date: 10-1-2021
OSU does not collect Personal Information (e.g., name, address or telephone number) unless required by law or You voluntarily provide it to us, for example by using our Services, sending email, participating in a survey, or completing a form, or You provide to a third party with permissions to share with OSU.
Interpretation and Definitions
Capitalized words have meanings defined below, regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Services or parts of our Service.
- OSU means Oregon State University Division of Extension and Engagement, 1500 SW Jefferson Way Corvallis, OR 97331.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Personal Information means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service means the Website and related support services.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data means data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website means OSU websites, including but not limited to Professional and Continuing Education, accessible from https://pace.oregonstate.edu, and the OSU Extension Service, accessible from https://extension.oregonstate.edu.
- You(r) means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Information
Types of Data Collected
While using our services, OSU may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Province, or ZIP/Postal code
- Usage Data
- Personal demographics
- Date of birth
- Accommodations need
- Health considerations based on activity
- Relevant identification number(s) for organizational or state credentials
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Program specific information
- Consent forms and liability waivers
When you visit our Website, OSU automatically collects certain usage data that may be Personal Information, such as:
- Domain, country, IP address
- Browser, platform, resolution
- Entrance-Exit Pages, Referrals
- Date, Time
- Search Terms and Search Engines
This is standard practice for websites and is not used for any purpose other than to evaluate how OSU can design the site to best serve your needs.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The University allows You to create an Account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, OSU may collect Personal Information that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service's account, such as Your name, Your email address.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of the Service and OSU emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit OSU, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Information
OSU may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service, including to monitor the usage of the Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the contract for the products, items, or services You have received or purchased, or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to OSU.
- To meet local, state, and federal reporting: OSU tracks race, ethnicity, and gender data only as required by applicable laws. This type of Personal Information is restricted in who can see it. It is only used in aggregate and without personally identifying information to fulfill reporting requirements.
- For other purposes: OSU may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve the Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
Disclosure of Personal Information
OSU uses the Personal Information OSU collects to further the missions of Oregon State OSU. OSU does not sell online Personal Information that is collected. Personal Information is routinely shared among OSU affiliates to advance and support the overall missions of OSU. These affiliates include:
- Oregon State University Foundation
- Oregon State University Alumni Association